How does Twitter help you in your business and online marketing?
Following a few guidelines can help you utilize Twitter for your business. Social media may often be labeled a distraction by employers. Many companies are discovering that with the right plan the different avenues of online connections can make it easier to address issues with customers or clients and keep the lines of communications open.
Tips to Making the Most of Twitter for Your Business
- Build a profile that accurately reflects the company brand. Include a picture or image of the company or product that the Twitter account represents.
- Keep the updates, replies and retweets related to the product or company that the account represents.
- Use hashtags, searches and other tools to keep tabs on what others are saying about your products or company.
- Address any complaints as soon as possible. It will help the customer understand that you are concerned about the issue and a quick response will also help to cut down on the negative effects of the complaints.
- Reply to any positive comments with the same speed. Offer a rewards program for positive tweets and retweets to encourage more discussion about your company and products.
- Use hashtags, searches and other tools to keep an eye on the competition. See what others are saying about new products or services or get notified about any new promotions that are being run by the competition.
- Send a reply to people that choose to become followers of your business Twitter account. You do not have to follow everyone that follows you, but you should acknowledge the follow with a thank you.
- Research fellow Twitter users. Read the last ten to twenty tweets to see what they are bringing to the table. It is okay to follow people that are not expressly focused on your niche, but make sure their tweets are in keeping with your vision and mission for your company.
- Post tweets worth reading. You only have 140 characters to make an impression with other Twitter users. Tweet regularly, but make it relevant and valuable to others.
- Do link back to your website when the information is new and exciting, but avoid making all of your posts links back to your own site.
Social media has opened up many doors of new communication opportunities for business. Learning the ins and outs of the different applications can help you grow the online presence of your company. Tackling Twitter for your business can take you one step closer to the success that you desire.
Related links for additional reading
- How to use Twitter to promote your business: 13 must-read expert articles
- Twitter for Business
Grow your business, 140 characters at a time.
- Using Twitter for business | Technology Solutions Training Portal
This module will look at how to improve your business presence online and how Twitter can become part of your social media strategy.