Those deciding to get fit often start out with great gusto but then fizzles out over time. There are a number of reasons why; quite often, it is due to a lack of motivation or willpower and sometimes it can be just plain boring. Fitness applications, or apps, can help provide the push you need to keep you motivated and make it easy to plan and track your fitness program. Is there one that stands out from among the rest? Listed below are several apps; you decide which one seems best to you.
- Larklife is a combination wristband and smart phone app. The wristband gathers data throughout your day and then displays it on the app. This app can tell you if you are not getting enough sleep, encourage you to drink water to stay hydrated after exercise and much more. Get real-time advice to help you stay positive and see results. The LarkLife system will sell for around $150.
- iPump & Fitness Builder is an app compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It costs about $10. It offers thousands of exercises that you can do including using weights, foam rollers, kettle bells and much more. There is a video of each exercise to ensure you understand the proper way to do it. You can also edit workouts or create one that suits you.
- Motion Traxx Radio is an iPhone, iPod touch and iPad app that costs around $3. It provides running, walking and other fitness workouts that are set to specific beats per minute. This is a great way to keep pace if you are a runner or walker.
- Daily Workout Apps, which is free or up to around $4, is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The free version offers daily workouts for the abs, butt, arm, leg, cardio and yoga. The free version is limited, but you can purchase additional versions that offer more content and routines.
- Tap & Track Calorie, Weight & Exercise Tracker, which costs $4, is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It offers features for people who seek to track the calories they consume as well as exercises you can do. It is easy to use and has many features.
- Endomondo Sports Tracker is an Android-based app that costs around $5. Used by over 13 million people, the app is full-featured and tracks many activities like running, cycling and walking plus more.
- Nike Training Club offers circuit-training workouts and is free. Videos explain how to do the exercises and help you maintain your form. Pick from one of three routine levels. It is available for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with iOS 4.3 or higher.
Obviously, the fitness and weight loss industries are big money. You can find many other fitness apps if you look for them in iTunes or Google Play. Look around and then, you can decide which one will help you reach your own fitness goals.